Equity, diversity and inclusion policy
Forbidden Stories is committed to ensuring respect for diversity within its staff and decision-making bodies, partners and beneficiaries; and aims to reflect the diversity of the communities it serves in its editorial choices and priorities.
Forbidden Stories is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where all employees, whatever their gender, age, physical appearance, sexual orientation, race, national and ethnic origin, culture, religion, political opinions, thought, education, social condition, family situation, illness or disability, feels heard, valued and respected.
Forbidden Stories is committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and to providing equal opportunity in all acts of management and decision-making and in particular in all stages of human resources management (for employment, advancement, development and well-being of its employees).
Forbidden Stories is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion through the socially responsible, integrating, inclusive and transversal management of its staff, based on:
- the variety of different cultures, backgrounds, knowledge, skills and experiences at all levels of responsibility to develop the full potential of the organization;
- the freedom of speech in daily work life as an essential element of internal communication (freedom of expression, diversity of points of view, right to information…);
- equal opportunities to promote equity in the workplace;
- non-discrimination, direct or indirect, on the basis of gender, age, physical appearance, sexual orientation, race, national and ethnic origin, culture, religion, political opinions, thought, education, social condition, family situation, illness or disability;
Based on the above basic principles, Forbidden Stories defines the following lines of action to achieve its objectives in terms of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
- Gender diversity
- Generational diversity
- Affective-sexual diversity
- Cultural diversity
Through the development of the strategic lines, Forbidden Stories acquires the following commitments which, in turn, contribute to the achievement of various goals of United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 5 (Target 5.5), 8 (Targets 8.5 and 8.6) and 10 (Targets 10.2 and 10.3):
– Gender diversity: promote equal opportunities and foster gender equity at all levels.
- Encourage the presence of women at all levels, especially in leadership positions
- Promote a respectful and non-discriminatory environment which favours equal opportunities
- Reduce the wage gap between women and men in similar jobs
- Promote work-life balance for all employees
– Generational diversity: contribute to the labour integration and coexistence of the different generations.
- Promote labour integration among different generations
- Ensure the management and use of multigenerational talent in the organization
- Establish measures aimed at avoiding bias in recruitment, hiring and promotion processes based exclusively on age
- Work actively in the management of the challenges associated with a multigenerational society
– Affective-sexual diversity: Ensure an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their sexual orientation or identity.
- Make employees aware of affective-sexual diversity
- Eliminate any practice of harassment and discrimination against LGTBIQ employees
– Cultural diversity: Value, respect and exploit cultural differences as a source of added value.
- Foster respect for and value of cultural diversity in the organization
- Take advantage of cultural diversity as a source of knowledge and talent, creating added value in the organization
- Promote employee integration through intercultural awareness and understanding